Tuesday, December 2, 2008

String Theory

Although I hate classrooms, I love learning. I like to learn new things and I like to challenge my mind to grasp difficult thoughts. Besides history I am often most fascinated by space. Just last night I was absolutely mesmerized to see the moon, Venus and Jupiter align and become visible in the night sky. http://flickr.com/photos/vanessagx/3073693381/ To see that makes me feel so small and in an instance, insignificant.

I do not understand much of dimensions and/or string theory (the stuff of Stephen Hawking). That is, I understand 2D and 3D, but the 4th dimension on are lost on me... until now. Because of my love for learning, I really appreciate a good teacher and the ability to teach a difficult subject is a rare trait. In this video, by this man's brilliant teaching, it becomes easier to grasp the idea of higher dimensions. And although my mind doesn't understand it all (yet) I really enjoyed watching this video; it made me feel smarter.

Warning: Science Content


No comments:

Post a Comment