Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

Warm days like yesterday make it hard for me to be in the Christmas spirit. And even though yesterday was in the mid 70's, leave it to Texas to give me 40 degree weather today. If I had it my way, we would be getting snow flurries throughout the week leading to waking up Christmas morning to a winter wonderland of white. Alas, I cannot depend on Texas to provide weather equal to my expectations of "Christmas weather."

What I can depend on is every retailer in the world projecting Christmas music. I can also depend on Delilah serenading my car on 103.7 KVIL. However, even Christmas music or atleast the same songs played the same way each year can beat me down instead of warm me up. Needless to say, a refreshing Christmas song or variation to a classic is just what I need this year. Recently, on a blog I follow, I saw a plug for an artist I hadn't heard of. When I searched his music, I found his Christmas album to be pretty good. His style is unique and his banjo doesn't really match traditional Christmas. But really, neither does 70 degree weather, so...

Here is Sufjan Stevens:

edit: I know this is not a "carol," but its on his Christmas album.

No comments:

Post a Comment