Friday, December 19, 2008

Great American Pastime

I faintly remember playing Atari when I was a little kid, but my first real memory of video games was our next door neighbor, the Barrett's, Super Nintendo (SNES) and our Sega Genesis. I distinctly remember debating whether Madden on SNES or Joe Montana Football on Sega was better.

I also remember my parents buying me and my brothers a Nintendo 64 (N64). One of my greatest memories of my brothers is playing GoldenEye, my first introduction to a First Person Shooting (FPS) game. However, I never really got into Playstation or Xbox because I loved and became so familiar with EA games and FPS games on my PC, most notably Call of Duty. To me, I found it easy to play with a mouse and keyboard than a controller. However, last fall, this all changed for me.

My oldest brother, Zach, convinced me to buy an Xbox 360 so we could play Halo 3 over the internet. He promised it was better than GoldenEye on N64. And I quickly began to realize he was right. Then several months later Call of Duty 4 was release on Xbox 360. This, in essence, mixed my great memory of console FPS games with my favorite game from the PC.

The hype lived up to the expectation. Since then, I have shared some great times with all my brothers playing Call of Duty 4 on Xbox Live.

Here is Zach getting is "COD on."







No comments:

Post a Comment