Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 Starts Out Busy

I apologize to those who have been visiting the past couple of days with no new blogs to be found. 2009 has begun pretty quickly. Because of Texas state education laws changing, the adjustment at work has been hectic and call volume has increased as a result.

I have tried to be really productive to begin 2009 undertaking projects that were long over due. We had a garage door repair man fix our garage door, chimney sweep inspect our fireplace, bought and need to install living room speakers, receive Heather's living room chair, and the list goes on. And that is just this week. Perhaps I can show you the progress shortly.
I have several things on my mind to blog about in the upcoming days when I get time. So you can look forward to my blog about Benjamin Button, my frustration with ignorance (quite vague I know), my 60 year old home, and much more!

I also, at the request of Mr. Southward have opened my comments so that you don't have to log in. Jasen felt I would get more comments if people didn't have to log in. But I am warning you (specifically Jasen) one off-colored comment and poof! gone!

Lastly, for those who know the story about the house next door to me (the yellow one), Heather and I finally met the couple that moved in. She is a professor at UNT and her boyfriend just moved to Texas from Canada and his name is Locke. I hope that with a retired Canadian neighbor who loves to garden named Locke that I will enjoy their neighborship very much.

And no, I didn't ask, "Locke? Like from Lost?"

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about ignorance, i totally agree. Like those SEC homers that talk about how great that conference is then Utah goes and kills the second best team in the SEC. Im going to go continue to read the rest of your blog now...wait...oops. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, touche my anonymous commenter. if you can judge a conference on a single game then yes your point is made clear. but here is the problem: lets look at 2 other conferences that often compete with SEC in prestige.
    Big Ten's top two teams both lost. Penn State, the top team from the Big Ten, looked awful against USC.
    The Big XII second best team beat out the Big Ten's 5th best team in overtime. The 3rd best team won with 16 seconds left against an OSU team that was embarassed at USC early this year. And the 4th best team lost to the SEC handily.

    Lets take a look at overall who looks better (i think each conference has 2 bowl losses) and especially Thursday night's game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Florida loses tonight will you concede that the Big XII is better? Or really shouldn't the Pac10 be in the conversation because they were undefeated in their bowl games?

    - Not Jasen Southward

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Florida loses will I have to think long and hard about the quality of team Florida really is. I think the PAC-10 is in the conversation already. Oregon State which beat USC (who killed Penn) embarrassed Oklahoma State. Perhaps it is my hatred for the Big XII that I would argue the PAC-10 is better than the Big XII.

    ReplyDelete