Monday, October 20, 2008

Appaloosa

I, historically, am not a fan of western films. However, after seeing "3:10 to Yuma" my predisposition to dislike such films was erased. And although I hadn't seen or heard much of Appaloosa at all, on a whim I decided to persuade Heather to go see the show. The only place showing it was the Rave in Hickory Creek. It was in the smallest theater in the back. However, for those who don't know, the Rave is the best place to see a film because of the completely digital experience; the picture is clearer and the sound is purer (and it is a noticeable difference).

Anyways, though I do not care much for Renee Zellweger as an actress, she didn't ruin the film. On the contrary, Viggo Mortensen's surprise acting paired with the dependable Ed Harris and Jeremy Irons made this movie quite enjoyable. Hitch and Cole (Mortensen and Harris' characters, respectively) go down as one of the best western pairs I have ever seen; you can't match gunmen's loyalty and comradery.

Without further adieu, the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment