Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ad, Ev, Al

I had the rare privilege to chat with both Evan and Alex Burke today. Evan is pursuing a professional career selling nuts and bolts in Louisville (as well as attending Southern Baptist) and Alex is still a landman in east Texas. However, though it did give me joy to hear from them; I really felt joy when Alex let me on their (secret to me) blog.
Evan created a blog that each of the Burke brothers can post to. And to me, its like standing outside a house window and sneaking a peek to see 3 boys' mischief going on inside. You look around to see if anyone sees you watching and then return to your inquisitive gander (knowing that trouble is imminent). Anyways, I hope the Burkes 3, continue to open their window curtains to us, as they are great writers with subtle themes/morales in [most] their work.

NOTE: If you want to read the "Burkes 3" daily endeavors, I posted the link on the right.

2 comments:

  1. subtle shmutle...my morals are IN YOUR FACE and that's how they should be. You disagree? How 'bout a knuckle sandwich for breakfast, Bucko?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, all-mod. Like Terry Tate. "Do I love my job [of flagrently showing off my views on morality], hell yeah."

    ReplyDelete